-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of A.R.S. - WA5AM
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 12:45 PM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] ER Magazine

On Dec 14, 2007 11:31 AM, Ed Sieb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sniff.... (boo-hoo)...  I never had an Elmer.
> Did it all on my own.   Now I'm the Elmer.  More lids today, I find.
>
> Ed, VA3ES

Same here Ed.  I just had an interest in doing it, and I did.  I have
friends who were there wanting the same thing, and we did our tests
together, practiced CW together, etc., but don't think we could have hardly
called each other an "Elmer" ...we were just helping each other achieve our
goal.  I still have one of those dear friends, and he is still on the air
with me quite often.  How long has it been since we have been on the
airwaves Kent?  Nearly 40 years?  I sure feel old when I think of that ;)

73 - Brian
wa5am

--
"Money is only temporary, radios are forever" - Jim Little aka "the old
dawg"/K5BAI

Harvard Minor Planet Station (MPC) H44/Cascade Mtn. Arkansas www.arksky.org