D. Chester wrote:
Wasn't he the one with the Kelvinator Kilowatt, a transmitter built into an old refrigerator?

Not sure if he called it a 'Kelvinator', but Johnny/W5TMI in Bomerton, TX (back in the 50's/60's) build up his 40m rig in a refrigerator...

If that (the anthem proposal) had passed, wouldn't it be cool to play the Jemi Hendrix version (IMO the best instrumental rendition of the national anthem ever played by anyone) at the end of every QSO?

Seems I recall that Mike (then)W5FZ, Lee/W0VT and Darrell/WA5VGO when they resurrected the prototype KW-1, they played a patriotic tune. I forget if it was the National Anthem or the Star Spangled Banner... but on it's inaugural transmission, something patriotic was played.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope, is like driving your car at night, without headlights. (K4KYV)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR