JT Croteau wrote:
On Feb 5, 2008 11:06 AM, Jose HF Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is that circuit just the (screen) Modulator?

Don't believe so.  The talk I've seen about it indicates it's a full
transmitter originally for mobiles out in the SF Bay Area (hence the
name). It seemed to be quite popular in the area.  It used 1/2 of a
12AT7 for a crystal oscillator driving a 6146 and screen modulated by
the other half of the 12AT7.

I found a thread about the Golden Gate (or something similar) via Google... the thing culminated with this posting:

On Dec 9 2007, 7:15 am, "W7CXA"  wrote:
> I am looking for information on a 3 tube 75 meter am transmitter that was around about 1958. Two of the tubes were 6146, one for modulator and one
> for final.  I cant remember what the oscillator was.
> J. Andy Thompson
> W7CXA
> Yakima, WA

Back in the 50's there was a very popular TWO tube mobile transmitter used by several mobile operators on 3995... Developed by Bob Carter, W6NTU who lived up on the side of Mt. Hamilton near San Jose... It used a12AT7 driving a sweep tube... Several of the fellows in addition to a variant of sweep tubes, used a 6146 and an occasional 2E26 in the final as well depending on available plate voltage... Half of the 12AT7 was the Oscillator, the other half was modulator... Carter Modulation transmitters were very popular due to their simplicity and performance. When loaded a bit on the heavy side, the audio sounded quite good...
Go to:http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/4513/carter.html
For a bit of History and a schematic of the transmitter... Remember load that lil sucker fairly heavy with very little perceptible plate dip for best audio results...
Good Luck  de Grady K6IXA

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope, is like driving your car at night, without headlights. (K4KYV)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR