From: "Bill Fondren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service"
<amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2008 4:19 PM
Subject: [AMRadio] My latest toy has arrived, an ART-13A & Survey

> Ah  The old ARC 13   What memories   The B-36 had one with the BC 348
along with a ARC 27 (uhf).  Only  problem was the ARC 13 was in the rear
compartment and 13 ft to the ground.  A few were dropped trying to get them
out.   Sure did have good coverage from 40,000 ft.  Hi Hi   (wonder how may
will admit to using one on the ham bands in flight)

>   On the survey  not much of a surprise   Most AM'ers I know fit in that
catagory.  Most worked their way up through  electronic service in one way
or another.  Very interesting survey     Bill   K5PML