Jim Wilhite wrote:
To anyone considering an SB 610 or 614, keep in mind they must be constructed to match the IF frequency of the receiver to which they will be interfaced.

Uh...
I was under the impression that the 610 / 614 monitor scopes were for monitoring the 'transmitted' signal.

Some of them were built to work with the Heath receivers with the 3 meg IF and those that were built for 455 Kc. had the coils that would do so.

If you find one for with the 3 Kc IF coils,

kc?  you said 3meg(sic).  Which is it?

it won't work properly with a NC 300 or NC 183D for example. Heath packaged the coils for both with the units and the builder chose which he wanted. I doubt you will receive the coils that were not used during construction. Check them out before you find you have something that won't work with your receiver.

Sooooo...
I was under the impression that the 610 / 614 monitor scopes were for monitoring the 'transmitted' signal. Since I wasn't sure, I went looking.

http://web.comhem.se/~u87540545/Heathkit/Products/pageSB610.htm
Heathkit SB-610
The Heathkit SB-610 monitor scope is primarily designed for monitor the RF-signals, on-the-air signals, from the local transmitter. It can also be used to monitor received signals when connected to a receiver. It monitors RF-envelop, RF-trapezoid and RTTY pattern. SB-610 has also a built-in two-tone sinewave AF-oscillator for SSB-transmitter adjustment.

The Monitor-Scope matches the SB-line.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope, is like driving your car at night, without headlights. (K4KYV)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR