I just bought an AF-67. I have two A-54H(not AF)transmitters I need to get sold or traded once I get them working.Nothing like plate modulation.
                                            Joe W4AAB
----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service" <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Todays Toy - Elmac PS-2V

The original relay probably pooped out and was substituted with a six volt DC relay. The extra connector on the end of the cable is most likely for the mobile receiver or front end converter. I got a bad feeling that the AF 54 67 and 68 will be going up in price soon due to the demand for quality plate modulated stuff.
Thanks for the FB pic's JT
73's
Greg
WA7LYO
Kinston NC
----- Original Message ----- From: "JT Croteau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service" <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:58 PM

Update on my PS-2V..

The relay kit installed is not the original PTR-1 kit that was put
together by Multi-Products.  This relay is a Western Electric 24V unit
where the original supplied was a 24V Potter & Brumfield unit.  The
relay is supposed to be powered by the 24V tap coming off the filament
transformer.  However, this installation is powered by the dedicated
6.3V transformer that has been mounted to the top of the plate tranny.
There are then three diodes and a big 1000 uF capacitor in between
the 6.3V tranny and the relay.  I don't understand why it was done
like this at all.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)
Contest Manager, TARA Skirmish