Thank you John!
You are absolutely right. That should have been; at least one RF cycle at
the peak of the audio envelope. That's what I thought I wrote but I guess
the gremlins messed it up.  :>)

What you are talking about, seeing it on a scope can be easily done as you
describe if you have a fast enough scope and you trigger on the envelope. By
expanding (using a faster sweep time) you can see each individual RF cycle
under the audio envelope waveform. You will see many RF cycles for each
audio cycle and see the different amplitudes of each RF cycle across the
audio waveform.

73
Gary  K4FMX