Early "wireless" intercom units actually used carrier current. If you and
your neighbor had the same intercom equipment, and were on the same service
transformer, things could become interesting, as you had an instant
"listening Tom" in each other's houses.

The units I played with transmitted somewhere in the lower 400 KHZ region,
but their signal was so weak that I could barely detect it in a traditional
receiver.

Mike Duke, K5XU