Does anyone have a reference for a UTC PA-109 choke? All I've found so far
is UTC Varimatch Transformer manuals.  I'm just wondering what the
inductance and current rating is.

Rick/K5IAR

5-25 henry swinging choke.  5 hy @ 500MA, 25 hy@ 50MA.

This is the same thing as the CG-109, except that the case style is different.

The PA series is the original. PA stands for "Public Address". In about 1949, they changed the PA series to CG, which stands for "Commercial Grade".

For a large selection of transformer catalogues and specifications in PDF format, go to:

http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/xfm/index.html

Don k4kyv