I have a heath HR-10 that seemed to have a problem with the AVC circuit.

When I was testing the Rx with my Heath signal generator a couple years ago
when I tuned to the signal, the S-Meter initially went negative then moved
positive. I could not figure out the problem then but since I was only using it
for CW I just ignored it. I disable the AVC for CW and SSB.

But I wanted to get it ready to use with my DX-60 for 15M AM and 10M AM when
the propagation comes back. I hope I live long enough to  see it!

This morning I put it on the bench and removed the case and bottom. I hooked it
up to the signal generator and it worked just as it should. I used both the
scope and VTVM to watch the AVG voltage as I tuned across the signal. It went
negative just as it should have.

WHAT FIXED IT? I saw the problem several times. But I have not had it on for
maybe 6 months.

I think it's pulling my chain!

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ