-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Todd, KA1KAQ
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 12:56 PM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] 60 Minutes

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:14 AM, Phil LaMarche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Last night 60 minutes aired a segment on a ham who is contributing to
> the cure for cancer.  He has built an RF unit that emits radio waves
> directly in cancer cells that have been laced with metallic material
> to heat up and kill the cells.  2 labs have under written his efforts
> and have experienced very favorable results with animals.  So much so
> that humans will be next after proper approvals.  This ham is not an
engineer or Doctor.

Was it Chuck, K1KW? I remember he was working on some kind of targeted
radiation treatment, they were using in it only 2 or 3 places around the
country.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ
word unsubscribe in the message body.