-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Ramsey
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 5:31 PM
To: 'Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service'
Subject: RE: [AMRadio] Old Firestone radio

Hi John,
  Take a look at the schematic that is found here:
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel/312/M0006312.pdf
  It looks like it was just two loop antennas on the back cover. But, the
schematic does show that there is a connection for an external antenna that
can be used instead. Antique Electronic Supply has a couple of replacement
loop styles that might work if you have the room on the back.

Bill KA8WTK