Brett Gazdzinski wrote:
Some interesting stuff in the card file, like KF9KU, Gill, in Millwalkee Wisconson running a ranger, or Jeff,W4OMX in Virginia who used to run Gonset G76, K4HOL, Ralph, North Carolina, with a globe king, why dont i ever hear Globe kings anymore?

Brett, can't speak for the others but Gil KF9KU is active on 75 AM at least, heard him this morning on the Midwest Classic Radio Net as usual. Out of a total of typically 50 check-ins on a Saturday there'll be at least 3 or 4 Globe Kings, also today there was one Globe Champ along with the other heavy iron like T-368s and converted broadcast rigs. I'm thinking when we start to get 10 meter openings again we'll hear some of those Globe Kings up there, where some of the other big rigs won't go.

73, Bob W9RAN