At 09:21 PM 11/23/2008, you wrote:
How about the AM operators of the past on 75m?

yes I ran AM up till 1969 when mom and dad need SSB to stay in contact with me as i sailed the sea's and humped the delta.. they stayed on 3960 and held a net on weekends . Blue Grass Hoot Owl Net.. ran from 63 to 69. when the band was bad and i could not tell if it was them i just put my receiver in SSB and listened to the freq shift when they keyed the Globe Champion 350A.. well i have just about got that old rig rebuild.. need to get the choke and tranny up to Gary and get them rewound.. some may remember them WA4LLK and WA4RTJ.. they had check ins from all over the states and a few EU stations..
yes miss the Kingfish

73 Tony

QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
Since 1962
CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
DXCC HONOR ROLL - 340
A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573   SKCC #1227  F.O.P. LODGE 68
DXCC PHONE- DXCC CW- DXCC RTTY- DXCC MIXED
DXCC 40, 20, 15, 10 METERS WAC SSB WAC CW WAC RTTY WAC SAT
South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
CALLS HELD:
WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1
ZD8JQS, V31SS, VP8BZL, VP8SSI, 3Y0PI