From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
On Behalf Of Craig C. Heaton
Sent: Wednesday, 26 November 2008 10:37 AM
To: 'Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service'
Subject: RE: [AMRadio] NW AM People?

Bob,

I hope something works out on 40 meters. Several moons ago, the late
70's & early 80's, 40 meters was the band of choice for low powered rigs
on the east coast. At that time I was living in West By God Virginia and
running a DX100B for the TX and a NC300 for a set of ears. The antenna
was a W8JK, two 40 meter colinears fed 180 degrees out of phase with
open wire, quarter wave spacing between the colinears. Great antenna,
could load it up on 160, 80, 40, 20, & 10 meters with a home brew tuna.

Those were better days. I'm on a postage stamp lot now and don't have
enough depth for a dipole on 80 meters. So, it's a full wave loop on 80,
fits in the back yard! For 40 meters I have a dipole that runs
diagonally inside the 80 meter loop. There is some interactance between
the two, but how cares, I make a few contacts.

So here's hoping the 40 thing works out. You might listen for AB7YD out
of Seattle, he runs a DX60 most of the time around 1PM our time. When I
hear him, it's somewhere around 7190-7191. There is a SSB group on 7.288
and hate AM. No one is transmitting on 7.288 but always interfere with a
QSO on 7.290. Just another dead air SSB thing.

Craig,

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and
may contain legally privileged or copyright material.   It is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient of this
email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or
any attachments.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system.  The ABC does not
represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free.   Before
opening any attachment you should check for viruses.  The ABC's liability is
limited to resupplying any email and attachments.