Deer in the headlights look is the first thing that comes to mind.

I went in the other day looking for their 1:1 miniature xfrmrs. I got a horrified look and thus the clerk ran right to the computer to figure out what it was I wanted. He said to me "I didn't know we carried those. What are they for?"

I remember (back in the day) going into one of their stores and asking for something like a 12ax7, 10uF/450VDC electrolytic and a 50K Rheostat and the clerk would return in seconds with what I wanted and he didn't have to think or ask anyone where or what they were. Plus, if he didn't have the tube, he could tell me off the top of his head what if any replacement was available.

SIGH... I feel old :-)

73, cul...
Bob de k2ki