From: "John King" <k5...@yahoo.com>
To: <amradio@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 11:22 AM
Subject: [AMRadio] Need help identifying National part

> Have New Old Stock National part number SA1288. Appears to be a
transformer with two spade bolts to bolt to chassis and has the National
diamond emblem which has "NC" in the diamond. It is tar filled and has five
black leads coming out of it. It is shaped like a LARGE IF can but has no
adjusting screws or slots as it is completely enclosed. The dimensions are:
> 4" H X 2 3/8" D X 1 15/16" W. It weighs about one pound.
>
> It is NEW and unused still in the National Box.
>
> Looks like a transformer of some sort such as an audio transformer from
one of the "OLDER" National receivers that had considerable audio output for
a receiver such as maybe a pair of 6V6 tubes or something of that nature.

> If you have the facilities to cross reference the part number, I would
appreciate if if you would let me know what it is and which piece of
National gear it was made for.