From: amradio-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:amradio-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of CL in NC
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:09 PM
To: amradio@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [AMRadio] No mic gain control

Other than saving the cost of a pot, anybody know why Heath left a mic gain
control off the 6 and 2 meter Seneca XMTR?  Have one I picked up at Shelby
last year, and it is now working great, but, the controlled carrier AM bangs
out 100% to overmodulation with just a normal voice level 1 foot from the
D104.  Circuitry is good, tubes good, clamper working fine, PA bias slightly
up at 60 ma instead of the book value at 50ma(also no adjutment for this, no
bias supply).  This is the same mod circuitry as in the DX60.  Anybody think
it is worthwhile to put a pot in one of the mic amp grid circuits to set
this level?  Probably just mount it on a bracket under the chassis to avoid
drilling chassis or front panel.

Charlie, W4MEC in NC