In experience I have had with tubes checking good but not working in
a radio had a lot to do with the design of the circuit they are in.
If the circuit doesn't take into account things like plate to grid
capacitance and such properly, they can be a problem for high gain
tubes.  There is a lot of discussion about this if you want to read
it.  I had an FM tuner that used a 6BE6 mixer that would not work
with tubes that were in the normal range on my tester.  If I put one
with low transconductance in the circuit, it worked fine.  Some
tubes would even cause an oscillation if they had high enough gain.
I did a little circuit redesign and solved the problem of high gain
tubes.  I don't think you will experience anything like that with a
75A2 so if you  find a bad tube with a tester, chances are it will
be bad in the radio.

One of the things about using a tube tester is you can find shorted
tubes before you put them in your radio.  If they are shorted screen
to G1 you can cause damage to some radios.  A tester will find this
type of problem before you put the tube in the socket.

I use a Western Electric KS-15650 L2 tester.  It is a Hickok and is
a transconductance tester.  Don't get one that measures emission,
look for one that tests transconductance.  There are several that
will, made by Hickok, B&K and the venerable I-177 made for the
military by Hickok and others.  One of the things about tube testers
is if you get a late model it may not have the test setting for the
old tubes.  If you get an early model it may not have the sockets
and test setting for some of the newer tubes.  So I suggest you find
an emission tester of later manufacture that has the obsolete tube
data available.

Are tube testers the end all of repairs?  No but used correctly and
knowing their limitations, they are a useful tool.

Jim/W5JO