I was not going to waste my time with a reply to this silly thread, but
I'm at work and not much else to do so here it goes.

This hole thing got started because some silly extra starting using
7.160 not THINKING that he was cutting out a bunch of other guys with
general class tickets, that's it.

As far as upgrading from General, as it already been said. The class of
ticket you hold has nothing to do with how much you know or how good an
op you are. I know many extras that could not twist to hunks of wire
together, and many more who are poor op's.

As far as someone said, I listened up and down the band and heard
nothing, try speaking the words CQ into your mike and then listening,
all of a sudden there will AM activity on the band.

Dave W9WRL.com a lowly General

     Dave Mayfield
         W9WRL
http://www.w9wrl.com/w9wrl