Hi Ralph,

Probably the easiest way to do this is two 6146s in parallel with
the plate voltage up near 750 volts or 3 at near 600 volts and use
the rest of the parameters from the tube manual.  It would be simple
to do with more common available parts.  The Heath DX 100 or Apache
would be a good design for the two tube kind of thing or the Johnson
Valiant for the 3 tube version.

Modulate them with 6146s and you are off to the races.  There are
other modulator tubes out there, but they can be more expensive and
finding a modulation transformer to match them is a little more
difficult.  This is a fun project and I hope you have very good luck
finding the parts.

Jim/W5JO