145.5 to 145.8 mHz  is probably a good place to settle. 144.3 to 144.5
mHz is the new designated OSCAR subband. Also, there is a "study
committee" in the making to research and consider developing a plan to
move the US amateur community to narrowband channel spacing for VHF/UHF.
I would assume the reference is to FM channels because there's a
reference that the current band plan uses 15 and 20 kHz FM channels.
However, it may also be a great opportunity to finally buttonhole  a 2
meter AM calling frequency if a new 2 meter band plan evolves.

Pete, wa2cwa

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 21:39:50 -0400 "> From:                   jon baker
<ad5...@yahoo.com>