John this was one of those times where you had to just be on the air when we
first powered up.

We were not able to promote in advance because permission to access this closed
site came only at the last minute, after months of clearances.

But, we all picked a weekend where we could pull it together if it were to
happen, and yep, happen it did !

We did manage a real-time post on Friday, Aug, 14, when Ken W2DTC was at the
station and making the very first contacts.

That lit some fires around, and pretty soon folks were coming out of the
woodwork to see what was going on.