On Nov 20, 2009, at 11:15 AM, Bernie Doran wrote:

> wish I had my heath AT-1 back, 1954,   t

It is amazing how my perception of any given radio from my misguided youth
changed when I get one on the table today :-)

Over the years I've acquired -- and passed on -- almost every receiver I used
as a kid in the 50's/60's -- BC-455, BC-312N, RME 4350A (with SB adapter),
SX-100.  The only thing I haven't replaced and tried for a while, and may at
some point, is an HQ-140X.

I have also picked up all the transmitters I used from that era:  DX-20, DX-40,
Scout 680, Eico 720/730, Globe Champ 300, and then some.  And those I've
restored to working condition and hung on to.  Don't use them all, or any of
them frequently any more for that matter, but haven't been able to bring myself
to let someone else have them yet, either :-)

Grant/NQ5T