From: amradio-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:amradio-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of Jim Wilhite
Sent: Tuesday, 19 January 2010 2:19 PM
To: AM Radio Discussion List
Subject: [AMRadio] MF-LF propogation

In past postings Don/K4KYV mentioned AM broadcast stations that are located in
the near East or Africa down there so I wanted to see if I could hear anything
from them.  Last year I could only hear their carrier when I turned the BFO on
and tuned around from ~160 to 200 Kc.
Tonight was a surprise as I could hear 3 stations very clearly here in the
mid-continent area of the US.

Don mentioned hearing them clearly in KY last year, but I never could recover
audio from them.  Tonight was different as their signals were strong and not
fading in the short term.  So I though I would tune the Aircraft NDB band just
to see what I could hear.  The heterodynes were so strong on most of the
frequencies that I could not identify any of the CW IDs.  On a few of the
frequencies I could hear individual stations, but not many.

The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential and
may contain legally privileged or copyright material.   It is intended only for
the use of the addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient of this
email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this email or
any attachments.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email from your system.  The ABC does not
represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or virus free.   Before
opening any attachment you should check for viruses.  The ABC's liability is
limited to resupplying any email and attachments.