I got the PC board populated with all the parts this evening but as yet have
not tested it out.  Everything went together as planned and I did not put
any parts in the wrong holes by mistake.

1.  You need to cut wire for the toroids a little shorter then suggested, or
you will run out of wire before the last toroid is wound.  The kit supplies
enough wire to do the job, but the suggested starting length is lavish
compaired to the amount of wire supplied.
taking that into account,  I did have enough wire in the kit to wind all the
toroids.

2.  I did use non supplied Thermal grease on both T-220 heat sinks.

3.  I did fashion some HC-49 crystal sockets for the two transmit crystal
positions:

I started with an 8 pin gold plated machine IC socket.  I first cut two
strips of 4 pins and then cut each segment down to 3 pins each.  I then cut
the center pin bottom out.  The remaining 3 pin segments fit perfectly into
the RETRO 75 board.  I'll plug the top center hole of each strip as it won't
be used.  To cut the socket up I used a diagonal cutter.  It cut like butter
as the plastic is very soft.  I did all the trimming and cutting with the
diagonal cutter.  It took less then a minute to fashion both crystal
sockets.  The 3885 khz HC-49 crystal fits very snuggly into one of these
sockets.  This socket business really came out nice.  I'm glad I did it.

4.  My Cobra HG-M73 CB Dynamic mic I purchased for $11.00 new on E-bay is in
transit.  (Seller has many to sell plus many others do too).  It is fitted
with a 4-pin mic plug.

5.  My TenTec TP-41 case for $6.71 is also on it's way.

The parts are spaced at a reasonable distance but the board is still small
(5 1/4 x 3 1/2 inches).  The parts are not packed as densly as on the Ft
Tuthill 80.

Lee, w0vt