Trevor,
          To answer your question ...

 I followed the third link from the Southgate Amateur Radio Club bulletin
regarding ANUSAT and the quote to which you refer..

The complete text follows ...

(According to the story, the quote is by the Vice Chancellor of the Anne
University ... which is why I found it worthy of note).

ANUSAT being an acronym for ANne University Satellite

While not SPECIFICALLY stating exam results would be tramsmitted by
this satellite Dr P. M. Jawahar's remarks are quoted in the same ontext
and paragraph as the the rest of the information regarding the Anusat
satellite, which, according the Amsat India website is an 'AMATEUR' satellite.

12 years ago we were warned by Vommander John Brannegan that we would lose
the amateur satellite bands to the universities.

It looks like Winston Churchill was on the ball as well ... this is not the
end, it's not even the beginning of the end - but perhaps it's the end of the
beginning.

(With apologies to Winnie The Poo).

73 John.   <la2...@amsat.org>

April 20, 2009 11:17 AM
India Launches University-built Satellite

 By P. Vijian

NEW DELHI, April 20 (Bernama) -- India successfully placed two
satellites in the sky early today, one of which was designed and built
by Anna University in Chennai -- the first satellite built by an Indian
university.

 The Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C-12) soared into the sky
at 6.45am (9.15am in Malaysia) from the Sriharikota spaceport in Andra
Pradesh, in south India, lifting the two satellites, RISAT-2 and ANUSAT
-- an abbreviation for Anna University Satellite.

 "The indigenous ANUSAT was designed, built and fabricated by 10
faculty members from Anna University. It took us nearly eight years to
complete.

 "This micro satellite will help in storing and forwarding data. It
will help us send confidential data, like examination papers. This is a
proud moment for India and the university," Anna University
vice-chancellor Dr P. Mannar Jawahar told Bernama.

 The India Space Research Organisation (ISRO) funded the ANUSAT
communication satellite, weighing 40kg and costing nearly RM5 million.
It has a life span of two years.

 The Israel-designed RISAT-2 or Radar Imaging Satellite, weighing
300kg, with all-weather capability to take images of the earth, would
enhance ISRO's disaster management ability.

 "RISAT will help us in monitoring natural disasters like floods
and cyclones. It has a life span of three years. ANUSAT is the first
experimental communication satellite built by an Indian university
under the guidance of ISRO," ISRO spokesperson S. Sathis told Bernama.

 Last October, ISRO launched the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft that is now exploring
the moon from lunar orbit.