From: "Bruce" <kk...@arrl.net>
To: "amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:24 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] AMSAT Satellite Communications Achievement Award #500

I am ready to issue AMSAT Satellite Communications Achievement Award
number 490 today. What I am going to do so that a group of people have
the opportunity of receiving number 500 is this....

The next 20 that submit for this award (including the one I just
received) will be stacked in the order that they were submitted. After
all 20 are here (numbers 490-509) I will have Mahana, W5BTS, select one
of the call signs out of a hat. That person will receive certificate
number 500. Everyone else will then get their certificate in the order
they submitted. (Hmmmm... Mahana never submitted for this award, could
she pull her own call?)

The lucky operator could be you. But only if you submit an application
for the AMSAT Satellite Communications Achievement Award. This award is
available to hams worldwide. You do not need to be a member of AMSAT.
Rules for the award can be found at the AMSAT http://www.amsat.org
Click on Contests and Awards in the left margin.

Scanned QSL cards emailed to me is the best way to submit for the award.
JPG files are preferred. PDF and DOC files are fine just larger in size.

This might take a month or two depending on how quickly the submissions
arrive so be patient as your certificate will not mail until the last
one is received. I will let you know via email that I have received your
submission. I will let everyone know when the 20 entries have been
received and you will have no more than 3 days from then to make payment
for the award at the AMSAT online store (payment may be made earlier if
you desire). Lucky number 500 will be issued and all certificates will
go in the mail.

73...bruce
AMSAT Director Contest and Awards

--

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT Director Contests and Awards

Houston AMSAT Net - Wed 0100z on SkyScanner Satellite Radio Network on
Galaxy-25 @97° West,
Transponder 23 (12115 Vert), Symbol Rate: 22425, APID: 1794 (DVB Free To
Air)
Also streaming MP3 athttp://www.amsatnet.com
Podcast athttp://www.amsatnet.com/podcast.xml  or iTunes

http://www.arrl.org