My two cents worth.

I fully agree with Tim's original response in that the numbers should be
as accurate as possible and not drawn "lottery style".

I also think that Bruce should maybe have not said anything at all as
the potential implosion and current bickering about this could have been
avoided by Bruce not saying anything and we would all have been
blissfully unaware and got on with life :-D

Nate's comments about volunteering (as well as Barry's comments about
the same at the AMSAT Forum at Dayton this past weekend) bring up
another issue though.
Has the volunteer page on the website been fixed yet and for the (at
least) three members (including myself) that's I know of, who have
offered our services over the last 6 or so months, had our information
stored?; will it be actioned and how many others have volunteered to
help but heard nothing in return or been the victim of the websites
broken links.

Yes I know the website is maintained by a volunteer, sort of a a catch
22 isn't it?

73

David
KG4ZLB