This is what I would recommend.

I do not have polarization switching for either of my antennas.

My 11 turn helix on 435 MHz is RHCP

My 14 element KLM on 144 MHz is LHCP

K9CIS has studied the polarizations of the uplink/downlink signals from AO-7,
VO-52, and FO-29 and this seems to be the best selection.

Using his recommendation, I do remember switching my KLM from RH to LH because
AO7's downlink was weak and switching did solve the problem.

The helix (polarization cannot be switched) was constructed for AO-40 (which
was RH) and easily hears FO-29.

The optimum set-up is to be able to switch polarization, but you know how
things go in the world of ham radio.

All the best.

Mike (K9QHO)
AMSAT 33589