From: Eric Fort <eric.f...@gmail.com>

Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:17:17
To: Amsat BB<amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Subject: [amsat-bb]  eggbeater rx performance

I/m interested in the possibility of using oscars 27, 29, 50, 51, and 52
without using rotors or directional antennas and maybe while mobile.  Uplink
seems not to be a problem as one can always QRO to a level where the
satellite sees an apropriate signal level that is enough but without robing
power from other transponder users.  On recieve though you still gotta be
able to hear 'em to work 'em.  Is an eggbeater and a preamp enough to hear
decently or is there another (better) way?  Is working mobile and/or without
directional antennas even practical?  what's the best way to do it?

Thanks,

Eric
AF6EP