A couple or three years ago there was an influx of h/t's into the UK via
e-bay with origins in China - I believe they were marketed under the
name JingTong (I kid you not)

If I recall correctly, they were so bad and caused so much interference
that eventually the Regulatory Authority stepped in and ordered a ban on
the sale of these things.

I was going to point out that they also did not have the CE mark
(meaning they were not type approved in Europe) but to be honest that
really does not make a jot of difference - anything can come in the UK,
its only when it causes so much of a problem and enough people kick up a
stink that matters are retrospectively actioned by which time its too
little, too late!

You just have to love "light touch" regulation!

But I am with Clint here. Steer well clear.

73's David KG4ZLB