I have hauled out my spare 5400 rotor for field day and found I have a
problem. The control box is not sending accurate readings to the
computer. It works fine as far as the rotor and the meter readings. I
know the problem is in the control box as the one I use for everyday
operation works fine with this rotor. I have checked the voltages at
the transformer and they are OK so I am now suspect of one or
both of the pots that adjust output voltage. I when I connect it to
just one side of the rotor I can not get it to adjust to 1023 in the
calibration routine in the software. Connecting it to the other side
shows the same result. What I do see is a value that bounces around at
random.

I guess my question is does this mean that I have two bad pots or is
there some common connection between the AZ/EL output that would
exhibit this result. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks << John

--
N4QWF Amateur Radio Operator
AO-7,AO-27,FO-29,SO-50,AO-51,VO-52,ISS
>From the Foothills of the Blueridge

*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"