Hey everyone,

This time next week, at least nine of the Original 13 Colonies will be active
on the amateur satellites as part of a special event organized by Ken, KU2US,
in New York. Here is the Web site announcing the event, and the certificate
available:

http://home.comcast.net/~dzabawa/ThirteenColonies.htm

You’ll also find updates on Ken’s QRZ.com page – look up KU2US.

When I saw an email about this special event, I contacted Ken and asked if he’d
consider including satellite operations in the event. He responded with an
enthusiastic yes – then told me to get everything organized as quick as I could
because we were running out of time!  I’m glad to do it because this should be
a fun event for us on the satellites.

As I write this, we have commitments from stations in nine of the original 13
colonies, and they will be using the call signs for each that are listed on the
special events page. For example, I’ll be operating as K2G daily during the
special event. I intend to work at least one pass of every satellite as K2G,
every day.

Listed alphabetically by Colony, here are the stations that have confirmed to
date. The calls they will use are in parentheses:

Georgia – Tim, N3TL (K2G)
Massachusetts – Dave, KB1PVH (K2H)
New Hampshire – Rik, N1XED (K2K)
New Jersey – Marc, W4MPS (K2I)
New York – Peter, WB2OQQ (K2A)
North Carolina – Jim, ND9M (K2J)
Rhode Island – Fletch, N1RCN (K2C)
South Carolina – Art, K4YYL (K2L)
Virginia – Steve, NL7VX (K2B)

As of now, there are four of the original 13 colonies NOT scheduled to be
active on the satellites:

Connecticut
Delaware
Maryland
Pennsylvania

Can anyone help with any of them?

The process is simple:
1 – Please email me off the BB to let me know of your interest.
2 – You can work as many or as few satellite passes as you like during the
special event.  It’s supposed to be fun, not work!
3 – After the event, email your log(s) to KU2US, who will handle the
certificates.

I’ll provide more information after hearing from anyone who wants to activate
one of the four remaining colonies.

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to work one or more of us on passes from
July 1 through July 5. You only need to work one station to get the
certificate, but the more the merrier!

73 to all,

Tim – N3TL