Hi, everybody.
Today at Field Day was the first time I tried to work AO-27, and succeeded. One
thing I noticed, is that as the satellite came up over the horizon, I wasn't
hearing anything until what sounded like a long data burst happened. Then I
heard the sat come alive, with what sounded like people already in QSO. As the
sat progressed, I heard a lot of operators, then the long data burst happened
again, and it seemed like the sat went "dead" I know a bit about how it's
scheduled (TOPR), but since this is the first time I was able to hear it well
enough to actually consider it usable.
What's the data burst? Is it part of the TOPR, or am I hearing something else?
73, JimĀ  KQ6EA