Wow... many many answers !!

Well, everybody seems to be agree that preamp are a "must", and the
first thing to add in my setup.

I bought, at a great price, 2 "second hand" and near perfect eggbeater
antenna from a ham here in province of Quebec who would like to upgrade
to a more serious setup.

Ok now, I just ordered 2 preamps from Advanced Research... VHF and UHF.
I will put them in an wheater proof enclosure near my eggbeater
antennas..... the closer I can.... in an PVC enclosure... because I
bought standard one.

I received today from a friend of mine, a brand new 50 meters 1/2"
heliax coil.... I will be able to change my 2 old coax runs with this.

And finally, I will use my 2 FT-817 with SatPC32.... seems to work
perfectly at this moment... the 2 rigs are controlled simultaniously RX
& TX.... a great piece of software !!

I hope I will be able to do a step further soon.... to have a contact !!!

73

J-F VA2SS