Has anyone considered the notion that the communications from a HEO or Moon
or Mars need not be analog? Has anyone considered a digital mode such as
WSJT for comms? I know for a fact people are running meteor scatter and EME
using a single beam (albeit a long one) and 150 watts. This is not out of
the reach of most hams and it is not non-viable communications mode... Heck
the US Navy even ran RTTY in the 60's from Hawaii to Maryland as a normal
mode of communications (yes it was big and wieldy, I just mentioned it as an
aside).

DE - KD1PE - Jack