Yes, Digital is an option.
However, i would want it to pass through the analog transponder unprocessed.
The reason is that we can't afford the Million dollar Radiation hardened chips
to support digital processing required on satellites.
DSP or SDR will add to the Cost and add many years to the project.
WE need projects much faster than have been delivered in the past, 1-2 year
schedules not 10 year schedules.

Miles