I realize this is still very early in the dreaming stage but it would be nice
to start seeing some realistic proposals soon. How about starting with a blank
worksheet that outlines the desirements and requirements. This would give folks
some specifics to address.

*LUNAR System*
Modulation type:
Mode:
Power source:
Lunar transmitter (type, output power and band):
Lunar TX antenna (type and gain):
Lunar receiver (type and band):
Lunar RX antenna (type and gain):
Lunar controller (type and capability):

Delivery deadline for flight certified hardware to be launched:
Length of time the system is expected to operate:
Periods that the system is expected to be available for use:

Once you have some general ideas as to what the items are then you will have a
good idea of the total weight, size and what it will cost to buy, build and
certify for spaceflight. It would also be nice to know what sort of station
equipment would be needed to use this lunar system.

*EARTH Station*
Description of minimal Earth station capable of operation through above
mentioned lunar system:
Transmitter (type, output power and band):
TX antenna (type and gain):
Receiver (type and band):
RX antenna (type and gain):
Antenna tracking system:

The above should allow for a realistic guess at the number of users willing to
and capable of operating through the system.

Kenneth