Hi Domenico,

I could be wrong but I think your budget is correct for a regenerative
transponder but for a bent pipe transponder we need to add the uplink noise to
the downlink noise where

C/N (total) = 1/((1/C-Nup)+(1/C-Ndn)) which in this case would be about 6.7 dB.

Still pretty good, but would probably be better even at the lower microwave
freqs. If we used PSK31 exlusively, even 2.5 KHz many simultaneous QSO's.

Howie AB2S