From: "Greg D." <ko6th_g...@hotmail.com>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 10:17 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] SuitSat-II question

Hi folks,

I just watched the video of Gould Smith talking about SuitSat-II.  Nice job.

But it left me wondering...  With a new battery, solar cells, custom
electronics package, switches, and antennas, what is the Suit itself needed
for?  At least in the original SuitSat, we used the battery pack (I think),
and even that's being replaced.

Don't get me wrong, the use of the suit is a marketing master-stroke.  But
am I right that it's basically only there for support (both mechanically and
politically)?

Greg  KO6TH