Myles,

My antennas/rotor are disassembled right now, as we are trying to
sell the house.
When it was all together, I used an older version of MacDoppler Pro,
a Mac G4 tower with a serial card,
and an Endeavour Auto Tracker ( http://endeavour-usa.com/
autotracker.htm ) driving a Yaesu 5400 rotor.
The system worked FB.

Had I to do it over, I might not choose the Endeavour interface unit.
It requires a serial port
on the Mac, and I'm not sure if a serial-to USB converter would work
right with it
(an Imac, for instance, has no provision for a serial card).

MacDoppler is an excellent program with great support.
The 5400 was purchased used and has been up on my roof for a number
of years with no problems.

A friend of mine (who may not subscribe to this list) is using a Mac,
MacDoppler and a Yaesu 5400.
I will email him and see what he is using for an interface unit (I
think his Mac is USB-only), and let you know.

Bill Howell N5AB