I agree with John on the need for more data:

Also the attached below suggests we might need to know more about any
location
selected on the moon.
How deep the dust
How rocky
How illuminated and when.
The differences between the poles and non poles areas.

See video of moon:

+ The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) has released the
  final still images taken by the onboard High Definition Television
  (HDTV) from Kaguya, just before it completed its mission by impact-
  ing the moon on June 11, 2009. An entire series of images were
  taken with an interval of about one minute by the HDTV (Teltephoto)
  while Kaguya maneuvered its way to impact in Gill Crater. See:
  http://tinyurl.com/mfg32w click on the arrow in top left to navi-
  gate to the next photo. (via UniverseToday.com)

Joe K0VTY
==================
On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 18:08:49 -0000 "John B. Stephensen"
<kd6...@comcast.net> writes:
> Hi Miles,
>
> Since the rest of us on this BB don't have any details about the
> landers, it
> would be useful if you could get a copy of any RFP (request for
> proposal)
> and find out how much DC power will be available for how long, how
> much
> weight and surface area could be allocated for the package and what
> type of
> experiments NASA is interested in. Then we could calculate what
> could be
> provided for an RF downlink to earth and how many people could use
> it.
>
> 73,
>
> John
> KD6OZH