Hi!

Day 1 of the two-day hamfest is complete.  Not many attended the
presentation I had, but I was able to work several passes throughout
the day from outside the hamfest's exhibit hall.  I was on all 3 FM
satellites, plus a couple of VO-52 passes in the morning.  Thanks
to all the stations across North America who made contacts with
WD9EWK during the day.

While I was on those passes, I heard WA8SME and several of the
teachers attending his ARRL Teacher's Institute session in northern
California.  It was very nice to hear - and work - them.

Saturday will have more activity from the hamfest.  I will try to
get on more passes throughout the day.  If you hear me on, please
give me a call.  For VO-52 in the morning, I will be somewhere
around 145.910 or 145.915 MHz USB on that satellite's downlink.
I'm expecting the crowds listening in on these passes will be
larger, since there will be more attending the hamfest on a
weekend instead of at the end of the workweek.

The hamfest closes at 1700 local (0000 UTC), and I do not plan on
being on additional passes from this area in the evening.  I'll need
to pack up my hamfest stuff and get ready for a few days on the road.
I'm planning an early departure from here on Sunday morning, with the
plan to be around DM47/DM57 in Utah on Sunday afternoon's AO-27 passes.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Williams, Arizona
http://www.wd9ewk.net/