In doing some historical research,  I came across a tidbit of info about
Raytheon being
awarded a contract in 2002 to convert the NAVSPASUR fence transmitters to
s-band.
Does the system still use 216.98 mhz, or is it strictly s-band now?

A related question - given the huge amounts of radiated energy on 216 mhz from
the system, has the effects
of fundamental overload ever been experienced by any of our amateur satellites
when "crossing the
fence"?  If so, could it be a contributing factor to the operational stability
of a "marginally operational" satellite,
such as AO-7?  Would be an interesting observation, if they are still using
vhf, that is.

(Google search terms:  NAVSPASUR)

Rich, N8UX