Simon and all,

I have been using V 4.1 Beta for a few months, and my sense is that all of the
multitasking HRD requires is taxing the processor on my Acer Aspire One netbook
beyond its capacity. I may be wrong about that, but I suspect that's what's
going on.

Simon, please correct me if this is wrong - but I believe that V 4.1 (beta)
requires that radios be connected to the main HRD suite, and then also
connected to the Satellite Tracker, in order to provide computer control for
Doppler tuning. If that is, indeed, the case, I wonder whether it's possible to
enable Satellite Tracker's radio-related functions without connection to HRD? I
suspect that if I was able to connect my radios directly to Satellite Tracker
without using HRD, that the netbook might be able handle the load.

I enjoy Satellite Tracker very much, but it has locked up my computer at the
very worst of times (e.g., just a few seconds before acquisition of AO-7 when I
had a schedule with EA8AVI in an attempt to add Africa to my continents-worked
list). I chose the netbook for my ham radio use because of its size, and
because it was bundled with Windows XP, not Vista. I fear that the decision has
me comitted to a computer with a processor that may not have enough muscle to
do everything HRD/Satellite Tracker asks it to do.

Regardless ... thank you so much for all of your work on HRD and Satellite
Tracker. HRD is an amazing suite of software.

73 to all,

Tim - N3TL