Hi Allen,

If you have both Rx and Tx on the same band, then both directions will be using
the same RF connector on the rig.  I suppose if you are REALLY careful you can
put an antenna switch between them, but you need to make really sure you don't
transmit into the back of your downconverter.  And since you won't be able to
hear yourself, this arrangement is probably only going to work in FM mode.

I've done VS with my FT-736R, but my 13cm receive is through a separate rig (an
all-mode scanner).  I also modified my downconverter for a 300mhz IF so that I
wouldn't have any interference regardless of the uplink (2m/70cm).  The 736 was
only used for the uplink.

Good luck,

Greg  KO6TH