Here, I do not change the transmit frequency from 145.850, with the 67.0 Hz PL
tone (or 74.4 Hz to arm the timer). I do not use computer controlled Doppler
tuning for SO-50 or the other two FM satellites. My experience is that computer
controlled Doppler is not necessary on the FM satellites, which is why so many
operators introduce themselves to satellite operation on these FM satellites
with a handheld station.

I begin with my RX fruquency at 436.805and tune down from there through the
pass in 5 kHz increments, ending at 436.785 by LOS.

SO-50 is difficult to work for two reasons, in my opinion:

1 - Its power level is a nominal 250 milliwatts (.25 watt).

2 - It is transmitting that quarter-watt into a 0-gain quarter-wave vertical
mounted on one corner of the satellite.

This truly is the QRPp space-radio station! There is a very good chance that
you are doing nothing wrong. I encourage you, however, to try working a pass
without Doppler control. Let your ears guide you for the Doppler tuning, based
on the relative noise level as the pass unfolds, and park your uplink at
145.850.

The very best of luck. Please let us know how you progress.

73,

Tim - N3Tl
Athens, Ga. - EM84ha