Hi Mark,

Thanks for showing up early on the previous pass of A0-27.  I heard you call
and thought to myself, someone is
calling Mark, it's the next pass, not this one.  Then it hit
me...... IT is Mark, you dummy!  I only heard KB9CL and myself work you,
then the digital.  Thanks again
for the rare grid.

73,
Rick - WA4NVM

HI Mark!

> I will activate grid DM19 (smack in the middle of NV) on August 17th
> during
> the 2130Z AO27 pass (approximate). (It must be a rare grid because even
> WD9EWK says he needs the grid!) There is a ghost town out there that I
> will
> visit on my way to AZ. I'll be on my HT and an ARROW. If you need a QSL
> for the contact, just send me an e-mail, I'll confirm with the log and
> send
> you a card. No need for SASE or return card.

Thanks for the quick QSO from DM19 on that pass!  Yes, that was one of many
in Nevada I needed.  I sent you an e-mail a few minutes ago with the
specifics
for our QSO.

I had intended on taking a late lunch to make that pass, and -
unfortunately -
work ensured I would not get a lunch break any earlier.  I made it to a park
near my office and was able to set up my antenna just as the AO-27 repeater
switched on.  It took a few calls before I heard you say you got me, but you
did.  I hope you were able to make many satellite operators happy with a new
grid for the logbooks.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/