During the recent week of V/S  I got caught changing my mobile station
configuration and had to make more changes for V/S This occurred during one of
our more nasty heat and humidity cycles.  Working outside, even in the shade
was difficult.   On the last possible day, I finally did hear a brief period of
S band.  Now I know what I have to do for next time.

As I recall it, one of the criteria for the AO-40 was to provide several
different modes to stretch  the experience and capabilities of Hams.  Many Hams
complained that they had to buy extra equipment, but many  found sources of
commercial equipment that could be modified and sold at reasonable prices.  The
current satellite building criteria seems to be that if you can not work the
satellite with an HT and a hand held antenna we do not attempt it.

As a compromise, how about one week a month AO-51 is in VS and another it is in
LS?  This is a technical hobby, let us prove we can handle the challenge.

73 de WB2LLP  Gene